sábado, 5 de enero de 2008

OvalMaker

This application has actually a long story behind it. It's not that funny, but anyway. This is a challenge from the Cocoa book I'm reading (Cocoa programming for Mac OS X, by Aaron Hillegass, an excellent book), and I actually started this as another app some weeks ago. I rapidly made the basic part of the challenge, that was to get the ovals in place, but couldn't save to a file (and I didn't implement undo either). The holidays came, so I didn't pay much attention to this app, and I thought that it would be better to do some other stuff as amusement. When, three days ago, I came back to this app, I found that either I had to rewrite it entirely or start from scratch, so I did the last thing.

I started from scratch and actually got it working, saving and undo included, but there was a minor quirk. I decided to use the new feature of snapshots in Xcode 3, to save the then current state of the application. I did it, and suddenly I realized that misteriously all the files of the project had ended up in the trash can… I started all over again, and two hours later, here it is.

Esta aplicación tiene toda una historia detrás. Es medio fome, pero no importa. Este es un desafío del libro de Cocoa que leo (Cocoa programming for Mac OS X, de Aaron Hillegass, un libro excelente), y lo empecé en realidad como otra app hace unas semanas. Hice rápidamente la parte básica del desafío, que era dibujar los óvalos, pero no podía guardarlos a un archivo (y no implementé tampoco deshacer). Llegaron las fiestas, así que no le puse mucha atención a esta app, y pensé que sería mejor hacer otras cosas como diversión. Cuando, hace tres días, volví a esta app, me di cuenta que o la escribía toda de nuevo o partía de cero, así que hice lo último.

Partí de cero e hice que funcionara, incluyendo guardar y deshacer, pero había un problema pequeñito. Decidí usar la nueva característica de Xcode 3, los snapshots, para guardar el estado de la aplicación de ese momento. Lo hice, y de repente me di cuenta que misteriosamente todos los archivos del proyecto habían terminado en la papelera… Empecé todo de nuevo, y dos horas más tarde, aquí está



P.S.: The icon is really ugly/El ícono es horrible.

1 comentario:

Janoma dijo...

Te falta avisar que la aplicación es sólo para Leopardo.

PS: el ícono es horrible :D